Thank you for confirming your attendance
TEENSTAR AUDITION TIPS
Please arrive 30 minutes before your age category time specified. Give yourself plenty of time to get to the audition, to account for traffic, etc. Upon arrival you will be greeted by a member of the TeenStar team who will register you for your audition and direct you to the waiting area.
HOW DO THE AUDITIONS WORK?
- You will be asked to perform (sing or dance) for a maximum of 2 minutes in front of the judges.
- You can sing any song of any genre; this can be an original piece or a cover song.
- If you sing an original song, you may use a backing track or with up to two backing instruments.
- Instruments are not supplied but you may use backing musicians.
- Dance acts will need to provide music on a phone or mp3 player with a headphone socket, iPhone 7’s must include the headphone adapter. Please ensure you have a backup in case there are any issues with your music.
- You will be informed of the judges’ decision on the day.
- The whole process takes about 2 hours.
WHAT SHALL I BRING?
Please bring any instruments you are using with you to the audition. If you are using a backing track to perform an original song, bring it with you on mobile or tablet to play direct from there. Alternatively, we will have a jack lead to plug into a speaker. Please ensure you have your track ready and cued up to play as soon as you are called to audition.
Instruments are not supplied so if you wish to perform with keyboard accompaniment, we advise bringing a portable keyboard with in built speakers that is quick and easy to set up. Please remember to bring a stand with you too!
Have it in mind to keep your set up as simple as possible to avoid eating into your audition time.
We also recommend bringing a drink with you as you may be asked to wait in a separate area.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once you’ve performed your audition you will be informed as quickly as possible on the day if successful or not, results are generally given within 20 minutes of auditioning. If you are successful you will go on to perform at the live Regional Final Showcases. The Regional Final Showcases will be held at the best venue in your region and you will perform in front of a live audience and music industry-judging panel.
If successful at the auditions, you will be asked to pay £30, which will secure your place in the Regional Final Showcases and all subsequent rounds. This is the only fee you will pay throughout the competition and helps to pay for the venues and the judges’ feedback during your participation in the competition.
The deposit also pays for the judges feedback which is provided at each stage throughout the competition should you wish to opt out of feedback and have your deposit refunded when you leave the competition, please email email@example.com 7 days prior to the live show.
We look forward to seeing you at your audition and wish you the very best of luck!
Any questions, please click here to visit our frequently asked questions page.