HOW TO USE TWITTER AS A SINGER
Using Twitter as a promotional platform.
How to use Twitter as a singer. Read on to find out more about how to use Twitter in the most successful way for singers. Applying these Twitter tips can allow you to build an effective fan base.
HAVE AN AIM
- Twitter won’t help you find what you’re looking for, if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Always remember why you’ve got Twitter and how it can help you. Ideally as you are a singer you want to tweet about music but this isn’t always possible. Keeping music as your focus will attract other like minded Tweeters. The main key though is to always make sure your tweets are engaging and interesting!
HAVE A GOOD BIO
- It’s probably going to be the thing that makes a follower click on your account. Use that 160 character space to promote yourself, share your Facebook or YouTube links and if applicable always have your website as your main link making it your hub of your social media strategy. Make sure your thumbnail picture is up to date and current (no one wants to follow an egg) and consistent with all your other social media and marketing i.e. all the same.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR FOLLOWERS
- Don’t just talk about yourself, reply to messages or tweets, and make them personal! Everyone gets a little buzz out of being retweeted or replied to by someone on Twitter. People give up interacting with accounts that don’t engage, so why not be the person that creates that buzz?
TOP TIPS FOR USING TWITTER EFFECTIVELY
INCLUSE HASH TAGS (#)
- Hash tags are used to make the searching function easier, so using them in your tweets brings your account to more people’s attention. So if you’re going to see Blue at their reunion tour, why not tweet ‘Who else is seeing #Blue tonight?’
DON’T POST ALL THE TIME!
- There is nothing more annoying than someone constantly spamming your feed with their incessant tweets. Don’t post the same thing constantly; you’ll lose followers by the second. Self promotion is encouraged but not when it’s the only thing you post. A good way of keeping interest in your account is to tweet regularly but mix it up. So post what you’re doing today, something that made you laugh or just a picture you find amusing. Variety is the spice of life after all.
PROMOTE YOUR TWITTER NAME
- You should remember that you can gain a bigger fan base by talking about what you do to people around you. Just because you’re not logged in, doesn’t mean you can’t gain a few more followers. Put your username on your flyers, make sure people know you’re on Twitter and they can find out more about you there!