HOW TO GET YOUR MUSIC HEARD – TEENSTAR GRAND FINAL JUDGES’ TOP SCORE
Music industry judges’ top scores from the 2014 TeenStar Grand Final.
How to get your music heard: The TeenStar singing competition Grand Final’s judges’ top scores have been revealed! The TeenStar Grand Final took place at The NEC in Birmingham and gave acts the chance to get their music heard in front of a music industry judging panel which included record label A&R. All acts were competing for the title of ‘TeenStar Champion 2014’, which is currently being decided and will be announced by Tuesday 22nd July.
The TeenStar Grand Finalists got their music heard by the following music industry judges:
- Four time Ivor Novello award winner and one half of the successful garage duo Artful Dodger Mark Hill.
- CeCe Sammy – a TV personality and celebrity vocal coach who has worked with the likes of Diana Ross, Will Young, Simon Cowell and Leona Lewis.
- Sony Music talent scout James Dillamore.
- A&R for Universal Music James Meadows.
- Jayne Collins an A&R consultant for major record companies, who has put together and managed The Saturdays and The Wanted.
- Director of River Studios and producer of Open Mic UK winner’s Birdy’s platinum album Gareth Henderson.
- Journalist of TeenStar partner Shout Magazine Claire McDonald.
- Head of Future Music Chris Grayston.
The ‘TeenStar Champion 2014’ will win a comprehensive consultation package which focuses on social marketing, image and branding with Future Music, an initial extensive winner’s publicity package and an amazing £5,000 to spend on the development of their music!
Look out for the music industry judges’ feedback to follow on the website.
TEENSTAR JUDGES’ TOP SCORES
Pre-Teen age category
- 1st: Jake from Orrell, Wigan– 145 marks
- 2nd: Liberty Grant from Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey – 140 marks
- 3rd: Issy BB from Brighton – 135 marks
- 4th: Bonita Belles from Benfleet, Essex– 133 marks
- 5th: Henry Gallagher from Standish, Wigan – 125 marks
Mid-Teen age category
- 1st: Emily Middlemas from Glasgow, Scotland – 187 marks
- 2nd: Lola Young from Beckenham, London – 178 marks
- 3rd: Lucy Moore from Uddingston, North Lanarkshire – 174 marks
- 4th: Lateisha from Pontlliw, Swansea – 168 marks
- 5th: Leah Gooden from Hockley, Essex– 165 marks
Late-Teens age category
- 1st: Victoria Bass from Folkestone, Kent – 161 marks
- 2nd: Harmony Twist from Bournemouth – 160 marks
- 3rd: Raw Kadence from Barnetby, North Lincolnshire – 156 marks
- 4th: Victoria Chloe from Belper, Derbyshire – 152 marks
- 5th: Toni Boyle from Fife, Scotlland – 144 marks